06 September 2009

Lousy Delta ticket counter experience in Portland, ME

Coming back from Portland, ME yesterday afternoon it was pretty obvious that the Delta counter isn't the best-run operation in the world. Of their 6 kiosks, 1 was down and another was stuck on an NWA page. It took close to 15 minutes to wait for machine and check in (these machines just cannot find my itinerary 5 times out of 10 until I type the destination and time) and at least anothe r 15 to check bags (which we then got to haul over to TSA).

The kicker was the woman in front of me. She got upgraded and didn't want it--she wanted to fly with her husband. I also got upgraded and asked her if she wouldn't mind swapping boarding passes with my wife if the agent could get the two coach seats together for her and her husband. The agent (male, blonde) then in a snotty voice said that swapping boarding passes was a violation of Federal law. That was his most helpful utterance to anyone that I heard. Long story short, he handled it in such a way that the woman ended up with a seat request card - no assigned seat at all - and never apologized. I'm sure she ended up in a rear center seat and probably not next to her husband.

Poor maintenance on kiosks, understaffed counter, snotty agent--geez Delta!

No comments:

Post a Comment