23 September 2009

Delta's lack of integration with partners a headache

Normally, I wouldn't mind too much Delta being unable to issue a boarding pass in Atlanta for a continuing flight on a partner airline (even though Delta booked the entire itinerary and took the money for, and the flight has a Delta flight number).

BUT... when I'm changing planes in Charles de Gaulle, and not having the boarding pass means going outside security, finding the Delta counter, jumping the queue to get a boarding pass, and then going through security and immigration... and, because the bloody airport is Charles de Gaulle, having to deal with poor signage, dead end mazes, a sprawling airport (etc etc), having to spring the whole damn thing and insert myself rudely at the head of several queues, then Delta's lack of integration with the systems of its partners airline has a real impact. (Yes, I made the connecting flight. Yes, I was covered in sweat and a good candidate for a coronary by the time I got there.) Had I been given a boarding pass by Delta, it would have been an easy relaxed plane change. As always, "Thank you, Delta".

No comments:

Post a Comment